About the Instructor
Mary Mueller Shutan is a Spiritual Healer and Teacher, as well as the author of The Spiritual Awakening Guide, The Body Deva, Working with Kundalini, and Managing Psychic Abilities.
This self-guided course is to assist bodyworkers, therapists/counselors, holistic health providers, and others who are looking to understand their clients or patients who are going through the spiritual awakening process.
It is also suitable for friends, family, and loved ones who are looking for an understanding of spiritual awakening, as well as is for those interested in spiritual awakening for their own purposes.
This course is focused on how to assist those who are undergoing spiritual awakening. To assist someone undergoing spiritual awakening is to:
- Understand what spiritual awakening looks like in the modern world
- Understand the categories of spiritual awakening and how they present clinically
- Discussion of the energetic dynamics of spiritual awakening
- How to assist someone who may be going through spiritual awakening or spiritual emergency
- How to differentiate between spiritual awakening and other physical and mental/emotional imbalances
- A discussion of spiritual bypass and an overall focus on differential diagnosis (telling one state of consciousness from another)
- Audio and Written Exercises to Balance Energy
This course contains:
- What is Spiritual Awakening? Learn the two-fold process of spiritual awakening and important theoretical understandings regarding spiritual awakening
- A discussion of ego and other important concepts
- How to Offer Support
- How to build a Container (safety) for your clients in sessions
- A Discussion of Top Down Awakenings and Clinical Tips to Assist this population
- How to identify and support those going through Ego Awakenings
- What is Ego Death? How can we understand this concept to better support ourselves and our clients?
- What is Spiritual Emergency? How can we support individuals going through Spiritual Emergency?
- Spiritual Emergency and Meditation Retreats, Ayahuasca, and Marijuana
- How to Assist Clients going through Spiritual Emergency and Spiritual Awakening (while you are undergoing a spiritual awakening as well)
- The difficulties that can come with higher consciousness states. Why do so many long-term meditators and others struggle with loss of meaning and purpose? How can we assist them?
- A discussion of spiritual bypass and how to assist clients who may be utilizing spirituality to look away from their issues, or using spirituality to give meaning to their issues in a way that isn’t bringing them clarity or health
- What is a Kundalini Awakening? How can we assist individuals going through a kundalini awakening?
- A Discussion of Kundalini awakening, digestion, and transformation of energy/essence
- Basic Methods of Assistance: Documents that are available for handouts to your clients to help them navigate their process. Understand spiritual emergency, spiritual awakening, how to retrain your brain to notice the goodness of the world, how to ground and center, and a mind-body-spirit checklist to bring balance and peace to any spiritual awakening process